Attachment: A Disorganized Odyssey

 I was told I have an Avoidant Attachment style. Now that could possibly explain some of most my life - for example, my dating life, my family life and probably also a lot more intricacies of my everyday life.

 I took the test and it came out positive. I have what is one of the three insecure attachment styles and it's called 

Disorganized/ Fearful-Avoidant



Basically, my life is such a mess, I'd make a tornado look like a neat freak. I asked my friends what they'd say my red flags were and obviously they listed out a grand total of 0 red flags. Who would have known that Disorganized/ Fearful-Avoidant is just a fancy way of calling me a walking-talking red flag? Due to a disorganized attacher’s desire for intimacy and love, and intense fear of rejection, we often display an “I hate you/I love you” pattern of behaviours in relationships. In these situations, the traits of the anxious and avoidant attachment styles are fighting against each other for manifestation.

However, truth be told, I'm a catch. Not one that you should try catching after the match is over though. Buddy go fight another match with other players thank you. You should know this match has ended and I wish I could say otherwise but it's all you, not me.

We are overthinkers but find making decisions a TASK, we're clingy and crave connections but also aloof and dismissive, we may be unpredictable but fear is our constant emotion. To everyone with such attachment/abandonment issues, honey we're trouble but for good enough reason. It's all real and it is alright. We'll be fine (I suppose).

Find out your issues or lack thereof here

Comments